I seldom take taxis as I drive but when I do, they always give me one with a talkative driver. They talk about the weather, other passengers, the latest "kopi tiam" (coffee shop) gossip. Sometimes I get those taxi drivers who had taken Mum out before. They seem to recognise me and talk very fondly of her. At times they even give me a special fare! Mum probably doesn't know it but she has fans back here!
Friday, July 17, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Friends sometimes ask me whether I ever have bad days. Well, I'm only human and there will be days when I go around with a scowl on...
-
I had my first taste of coconut water today. That may sound strange for a person who lives on a tropical island with plenty of coc...
-
Mum left for her heavenly abode on Mother's Day 2013. I don't know why she chose that day, I think she wanted to make it easy for...
About Me
- From A Nonya's Pen
- "God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."

No comments:
Post a Comment