Monday, July 6, 2015

The Pearly Gates



Pa sent us to the Convent school, the same school that Mum went to.  He probably thought the nuns would make angels out of us (like they made Mum)!  It was a nice school with big airy classrooms and large grounds.  Every morning we would assemble in the recess area and say a prayer, then off we went to our respective classes.  

One morning, I was cornered by a serious looking nun after prayers.  She looked me up and down and asked, "Girl, do you pray every night?"  It was a difficult question for me to answer.  If I said "Yes", I would be lying.  If I said "No", she would probably bombard me with a lengthy lecture as to why I should pray every night.  As I was hesitating between the devil and the deep blue sea, the school bell rang - time for my  class!  You could say I was saved by the bell, literally.  I made a quick getaway and hoped I'd never bump into her again.  Well, I'll probably never make it to the pearly gates when the time comes but I hope "they" will take into account the time when I saved some ants from being trampled on by some of my schoolmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."