Saturday, March 18, 2023

Case of the Missing ATM Card



I had recently applied for a new ATM card and happily carried it home with me that morning.  I left it on the table near the kitchen window and went to unpack my shopping, thinking I would keep it properly after I finished.  Being so caught up with my shopping, I actually forgot all about the card and when I remembered, I saw to my horror that it had vanished.  I searched under the table, around the table and even searched outside the window, but it was nowhere in sight.  Had I kept it and forgotten?  Nowadays my actions are so automatic I sometimes can't even remember what I had done! I sat down, re-traced my steps, searched just about every corner of the house - still nothing.  Short of calling in Sherlock Holmes or a clairvoyant, I didn't know what else to do except to call the bank's customer service to block the card, which I did.  Having done that, I sighed with relief.  So now I have to go down to the bank again to apply for a new card and pay a small penalty as well.  God certainly has strange ways to keep me busy and make sure I don't rest on my laurels!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."