Saturday, February 24, 2024

The 15th Night!



The fifteen days of the Chinese New Year have gone by in a twinkling of the eye and while tonight is THE night for the young who will be throwing oranges into the sea for a dreamy soulmate, we oldies shall be staying home and comparing aches and pains and ruminating through the past years perhaps with some laughter and in some cases, with some regret.  Sadly, the passage of time has not left several of our older relatives unscarred as I saw when I visited them during the new year.  CNY celebrations do not mean anything to them any more when they're down with dementia or some illness. We all wish we can stop the clock and stay eternally young and healthy but that's like the ox wishing for the moon (an old Chinese saying).  Well, I'm not going to spoil my 15th Night or yours with this gloomy talk.  I'm going to eat my bubur cha cha now and relish every bite!  

HAPPY CHAP GOH MEH!




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."