Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Case of the Missing Eggs



Sometimes I think I'm on the brink of dementia.  I had gone to the market this morning to get some stuff, including half a dozen eggs which I put in the carrier bag together with the other things. When I got home to unpack, I was puzzled when I couldn't find the eggs.  I went back to the car to search thinking that the plastic bag containing them had fallen out but there was nothing in the car.  I searched the kitchen again, still nothing.  Perhaps someone had pinched them from my shopping bag when I was not looking?  Feeling quite exhausted, I sat down and slowly started thinking back.  I was convinced that I had definitely put them in the bag.  I went back to the kitchen and bingo!  I found the eggs on the kitchen counter safe and sound.  Why didn't I see them there before?  I then realized that the eggs were in a green plastic bag and not in a black plastic bag which I was looking for all the time!  See how the mind can deceive your eyes!  I hope it's not dementia yet (touchwood), but just a case of not being mindful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."