Friday, June 7, 2024

Xiamen: Episode 1 - The Adventure Begins



I didn't expect I would be travelling again after Covid-19 but the travel agency kept enticing me with pictures of exciting places to visit, and soon I found myself on board a Xiamen Air Boeing 737-800 bound for Xiamen!

 I had just made a new passport (which is dying to go places) and with no visa fees for China at the moment, it seemed a waste if I didn't make a trip.

A friend said I should write snippets of my "adventure", so here's Episode 1.

I should mention that before the trip, I had to go hunting for a new luggage bag.  My old ones had been in hibernation since Covid-19 appeared and are so mouldy they are likely to fall apart if left at the mercy of airport luggage handlers, so I got one of those hard cases with four wheels which seem to be the thing to use nowadays.

The flight to Xiamen was only four hours and it was the first time I had flown by a Chinese airline.  I was quite impressed by the efficiency of the pretty Chinese stewardesses who got busy serving us the moment we were in the air.

It was after midnight before we finally checked in at our hotel.  My aunt (my travelling companion) and I were so tired that we didn't hear the morning call the next day and kept our fellow travellers waiting for us for a good 15 minutes before moving out from our hotel.

This was the start of our adventure in China.


(To be continued)


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."