Friday, July 3, 2015

The Drudgery of Waiting





I was waiting to sort out a problem with the electricity department the other morning.  It happened to be a busy morning and there were crowds of people waiting impatiently for their turn to be served.  It looked like we were all going to spend the whole morning there and I couldn't help noticing that everyone was looking grim and tense.

Nobody likes to wait, least of all me.  I began to wonder what kind of expression I had on my face.  Maybe if we all imagined there are beautiful, kind fairies behind the counters waiting to give us pink candy floss as a reward for our patience, then waiting won't be so tedious, our blood pressure would have gone down and we would all be wearing smiles on our faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."