A friend gave us 4 pieces of "mee koo" yesterday. These "turtle buns" (translated from Hokkien) taste very good when steamed and are great for breakfast. You can also dip them in beaten egg and fry them, or eat them with butter or kaya (coconut jam). I'm not sure what the Chinese words say but they definitely have "good" meanings!
Tuesday, September 8, 2015
Turtle Buns for Breakfast
A friend gave us 4 pieces of "mee koo" yesterday. These "turtle buns" (translated from Hokkien) taste very good when steamed and are great for breakfast. You can also dip them in beaten egg and fry them, or eat them with butter or kaya (coconut jam). I'm not sure what the Chinese words say but they definitely have "good" meanings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
An aunt just gave me a book on the power of positive thinking. Knowing how negative I am, she thought this book would help give me ...
-
I've mentioned this before but every time I watch the news over telly, I'm bombarded with all kinds of horror stories - brut...
-
Let nature take its own course. She understands her business better than we do. A priest was in charge of the garden within a fa...
About Me
- From A Nonya's Pen
- "God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."

No comments:
Post a Comment