Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Shopping Blues




I went shopping yesterday in a frantic search for a decent dress for my nephew's wedding dinner, which is scheduled to take place in less than two weeks.  I visited a nearby dress shop, whose sales assistant eagerly brought out at least a dozen evening gowns for me to try.  There was a red midi-length dress with subtle embroidery and sequins which I liked but the low V neckline made my collar bones stick out like salt cellars.  I looked like I hadn't eaten for days!  I decided not to buy it, much to the disappointment of the sales assistant and trotted to another shop where again I tried on several dresses recommended by the sales girl.  I was getting really tired jumping in and out of all kinds of dresses when finally, to my relief, I found a dark blue creation in lace with a satin bow to tie at the waist.  A little old fashioned but I felt "safe" in it because it covered me up completely without exposing any unsightly bones and aging flesh.  Now I'm wondering whether people will mistake me for my nephew's grandmother....

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."