Monday, November 2, 2015

Holy Matrimony



At last!  31st October - the day I had been waiting for - the wedding of my cousin's son, James.  Despite anxious moments that haze might suddenly reappear, it turned out to be a fine morning with blue skies when James and his bride arrived at the church for the marriage rites. There were quite a number of relatives and friends present, some of whom were dressed to the hilt.  It was a simple but lovely ceremony which took about half an hour. Everybody seemed to be armed with a camera or mobile phone and was busy clicking away while a trio of young men also took videos.  Oh, it was so romantic especially when the radiant bride threw her bouquet over her head to a group of young girls.  The banquet that night was held at a prestigious hotel and the whole affair didn't end until after 11 p.m. I took home a piece of the wedding cake which was housed in a small paper Cinderella carriage.  No, I didn't put it under my pillow, in fact I ate it the moment I got home!  I hope there'll be another wedding soon.  Oh, here's wishing the young couple good luck - and may they live happily ever after.

P.S. I received a couple of compliments for my new dress - and nobody mistook me for James' grandmother!  (See previous post "Shopping Blues").

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."