Friday, November 6, 2015

Young Enough




My 87 year old aunt told me the other day that when she went shopping at the supermarket recently, she was amazed by the kindness shown to her by several people.  "And I wasn't even wearing make up or my best dress," she said, looking puzzled.  It seems a young boy offered to carry her basket for her, a lady gave up her place in the long queue at the checkout counter so that she could go first and a young man offered to carry her shopping to the waiting taxi.  I'm happy that we're having a more caring society now though I must say I've never had offers of help so far, but I would like to think that the reason for this is because I look young enough to manage on my own!  Hehehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."