Saturday, December 12, 2015

The Perfect Gift - 2


I paid a visit to my 87-year old aunt yesterday and while we were talking, I tried to get some hints on what she would like for Christmas.  "Look here, girl," she said, a steely glint in her eyes.  "Christmas is not about buying expensive gifts for each other. It's about gifts that come from the heart.  So don't you dare ask me  what I want for Christmas."  Her words left me a little stunned.  On a sudden impulse, I gave her a big hug and a kiss and whispered "Merry Christmas" in her ear.  "I'm glad you understood what I just said to you," she rasped.  "Now go away, I've got to catch up on my sleep."

God bless you, dear Aunty and may the guardian angels always look after you.

Oh, I'm sending her a bouquet of red roses no matter what she says. Why didn't I think of flowers before?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."