Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The Third Day of C.N.Y.



Gong Xi Fa Cai on the third day of the Chinese New Year!  Despite fervent prayers of the pious, the weather has not relented and it's still as hot as it was weeks ago.  I see lots of young girls and not so young ladies in bright red, the auspicious colour of the new year.  I too donned something "red", maroon to be exact. When I was a young girl, I used to receive dozens of  "ang pows" (red packets) from generous relatives when Pa took us to their homes where we feasted on cake and cookies .And of course we got to wear new frocks and new shoes!  Oh to be young and carefree again and running around with sweets in my mouth - and a pocket full of red packets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."