Monday, May 2, 2016

Bills, Bills, Bills





I had the most horrible day today.  A man came up to my gate, said he was from the National Electricity Board and that he was going to cut my electricity supply because I hadn't paid my bills for two months!  It was a great shock especially as I know I always pay my bills on time but he was adamant and insisted that I opened the gate to let him in and do his job.  I refused and showed him my old bills as proof of payment.  Finally, he relented and told me to go to his head office to settle the matter - before 2 p.m.  That was a tall order (it was already around ten) but I had no choice.  I drove to his office, could not find a parking space and finally drove up into the multi-storey car park, something which I hate doing as these things scare me to death.  But I made it and presented myself before the payment counter.  To cut a long story short, I was told to pay the "outstanding" amount and if there was any error, they would refund me in my next bill.  I would have exploded if I hadn't seen a few other people with the same "pay up" notices - well, when other people are in the "same boat", you somehow feel better.  I left the building after spending about an hour to thrash out the matter. Well, at least parking upstairs was free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."