There is this old story of a village that was once struck down by an outbreak of cholera. Many people died and many were left in grief and sorrow. One day a villager met the Cholera Goddess and asked how many lives she had claimed. She smiled and said, "Not many. Most of them died out of fear rather than from the disease." Fear is probably one of our worst enemies. I have yet to meet someone who doesn't have some kind of fear or other - fear of flying, fear of death, fear of the dark, and so on, and I am no exception! In the wake of recent spates of terrorism around the world, I guess it will not be surprising that many of us will choose to stay quietly at home - safe and sound.
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
An aunt just gave me a book on the power of positive thinking. Knowing how negative I am, she thought this book would help give me ...
-
I've mentioned this before but every time I watch the news over telly, I'm bombarded with all kinds of horror stories - brut...
-
Let nature take its own course. She understands her business better than we do. A priest was in charge of the garden within a fa...
About Me
- From A Nonya's Pen
- "God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."

No comments:
Post a Comment