Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Going Eyebrow-less





You've heard of women going bra-less but have you heard of anyone going eyebrow-less?  Well, it all began when I went on an overseas trip recently and in my hurry forgot to pack my eyebrow pencil.  It was a great shock to find it missing, I had never gone without it on any of my trips but what could I do?  With my eyebrows "missing", I felt half-dressed or even naked.  I could not borrow from my roommate, an old lady of 75, who had thick bushy eyebrows that defied any eyebrow pencil and of course I could run to the nearest Watsons to get a new one, but none was in sight and so for 7 nights and 8 days, I went eyebrow-less. Fortunately I wear a fringe over my forehead and it was just long enough to cover the remains of my skimpy brows, so I kept my fingers crossed and prayed that there would be no strong winds during the trip which would blow off my cover.  Apart from the discomfort of plastering my fringe on my forehead, my holiday thankfully was not spoilt but it was a relief to get back home, safe behind my the doors of my room once again. Now I'm wondering whether I should  listen to a friend and have new eyebrows embroidered on my face ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."