Sugee cake - an all time favourite with our family. Sugee cakes were a must-have for Chinese New Year during Mum's time and the festival would be incomplete without it. An aunt bought this one for me from a cake shop known for its Nonya sugee cake. It's filled with almonds, orange rind and raisins - simply heavenly. With so many varieties of cake available nowadays, sugee may not be very popular now but still, it is a lovely cake for all occasions.
Monday, February 1, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
I've mentioned this before but every time I watch the news over telly, I'm bombarded with all kinds of horror stories - brut...
-
An aunt just gave me a book on the power of positive thinking. Knowing how negative I am, she thought this book would help give me ...
-
Let nature take its own course. She understands her business better than we do. A priest was in charge of the garden within a fa...
About Me
- From A Nonya's Pen
- "God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."

No comments:
Post a Comment