Monday, March 20, 2023

Nonya Kueh on an English plate


Two of my favourite kueh
Ang Koo (Red tortoise cake)
 and Seri Muka

  I was looking for a plate to take a photo of my Nonya kueh and remembered that lovely flower plate in the picture above which is from my mum's old collection.  The set of cups and plates was made by J. & G. Meakin, England (see picture of the maker's mark) and a quick search told me that this English company was a pottery manufacturing company founded in 1851 but after several takeovers and acquisitions, production under the Meakin name ceased in 2000.   I guess I shall not be parting with these cups and plates and shall keep them as valuable "souvenirs"!




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."