Friday, April 14, 2023

Sharp as a Razor


I have never been wrong about how sharp and alert my 90-year old aunt is, despite her age.  She told me of this incident which confirms my belief.  She is an avid gardener and has pots of lovely flowers and plants in front of her house.  One day a stranger drove up to her house and asked if he could buy two of her plants.  A less alert person would have been flattered and opened the gate of her house to let him in, but my aunt was smart.  She told him that her plants are not for sale and went into her house.  I don't know whether the stranger had a genuine interest in her plants or not, you can't tell these days when people's faces are half shielded by a mask; if she had let him in, who knows he might have robbed her there and then in broad daylight!  Good for you, Aunty, I must learn to be as smart and alert as you are!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."