Thursday, April 13, 2023

Grandma Blues


I recently ran into a friend whom I had not seen for some time and over a cup of coffee, she complained bitterly to me that she will never be able to realise her dream of having grandchildren.  I asked her why not and she said that of her two children, the eldest, a boy, is not keen to settle down but is planning to hitchhike around the world.  The second, a girl, is already married but doesn't want children.  Regrettably, young people nowadays cannot be told what they should or should not do, so I said why not take it in a positive way instead of getting upset.  For instance, she would be free of sleepless nights helping to babysit her grandchild or having to wash dirty diapers, feeding bottles, etc.  She was not very convinced by what I said and remarked that a single person like me would not "understand".  I did not have any more words of wisdom, so we parted ways.  I hope her children will change their minds in due course and make her happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."