Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Coconut Water Anyone?




I had my first taste of coconut water today. That may sound strange for a person who lives on a tropical island with plenty of coconuts.  But it is the truth, as far as I can remember.  I think it has something to do with Mum's "brainwashing".  She always told us that coconut water has plenty of "wind" and is no good for the stomach.  So all these years we have obediently avoided drinking it.  But today there was this stall with dozens of fresh, green coconuts and many people lining up for a drink.  I gave in to temptation and had my first sip.  Well, the juice was sweet and the flesh very smooth and creamy.  It was nice but nothing I'd die for.  I think I prefer a vanilla milk shake anytime.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."