I attended the wedding dinner of a friend's granddaughter recently. I had known the young girl since she was a teenager and it is amazing how fast time has flown. She left school, went for further studies, worked out of town and overseas, even her parents saw little of her. Now she's a mature young lady ready to start a life of her own with her newly wed husband. Of course this sadly brings to mind how many of us are advancing in age! Fortunately despite our wrinkles and greying hair, she can still recognise us old friends! I dread to think whether she still can, say, in another ten years' time ....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Let nature take its own course. She understands her business better than we do. A priest was in charge of the garden within a fa...
-
Here's an amusing tale which my friend told me recently. She was having dinner at a coffee shop with her sister and a friend when she...
-
An aunt just gave me a book on the power of positive thinking. Knowing how negative I am, she thought this book would help give me ...
About Me
- From A Nonya's Pen
- "God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."

No comments:
Post a Comment