This year saw a serious drop in the number of "ang pows" I received. I think the main reason is because I have attained senior citizenship and people think I am no longer eligible for "ang pows". According to Chinese tradition, one is entitled to an "ang pow" as long as one is single, unmarried, unattached, not in a relationship, 100 years old and still single .... I think you get the picture. My 87 year old aunt and an old friend of my mother's are the only two persons I know who carry on this tradition relentlessly every year regardless of age or any other reason for that matter. May God bless you both and thank you for your kindness and generosity!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Let nature take its own course. She understands her business better than we do. A priest was in charge of the garden within a fa...
-
Here's an amusing tale which my friend told me recently. She was having dinner at a coffee shop with her sister and a friend when she...
-
An aunt just gave me a book on the power of positive thinking. Knowing how negative I am, she thought this book would help give me ...
About Me
- From A Nonya's Pen
- "God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."

No comments:
Post a Comment