Saturday, May 20, 2023

Breakfast Today

 


I had Wan Tan Mee for breakfast today, bought from a nearby coffee shop.  I hadn't eaten it for ages and thought I'd give myself a treat.  You will notice from the picture that the "wan tans" are missing.  Most hawkers are puzzled when I tell them I don't want "wan tan" and they can't figure out why I should not want this key ingredient, which is what the whole dish is about.  Well, it's just that I prefer not to take too much pork and when I tell them, they smile and say, "Aaah!"  Then there's the case of the lady who ordered pork broth - without the pork!  I guess we all have our preferences.  Tell me if you come across anyone ordering chicken rice - without the chicken - 🤣!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."