Tuesday, December 26, 2023

A Christmas Disappointment

 


My Christmas dinner was unfortunately a disappointment.  Since most of us opted to stay in to eat because of the rising number of Covid cases, I ordered my dinner online from my usual caterer and had quite a surprise when it came because it wasn't what I ordered.  I had chosen their special Christmas set of aglio olio with roasted chicken and roasted potatoes, not forgetting Christmas cookies.  It sounded just the right thing for Christmas and I was looking forward to it but when I opened the package, I found some rice, a fried egg, some veg and chicken curry.  I immediately called the Manager hoping he would be able to substitute it with my aglio olio, but sad to say, he said their kitchen had already closed.  He apologised very politely, said it was his kitchen's fault and that I need not have to pay for it.  Well, I had no choice but to eat what had been given to me.  The kitchen staff must have been in a big hurry to go home to celebrate Christmas, hence the mix-up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."