Saturday, March 23, 2024

Doing my Bit



Last night (23 Mar), I switched off all the lights in my house at 8.30 sharp.  I didn't do this last year but this year, I thought I'd show my gratitude to Mother Earth who has been nurturing us with all our needs, by observing Earth Hour.

Those moments in the dark were  peaceful and inspirational and gave me some time for introspection.  I thought about how lucky we are to be blessed with so many of  Mother Earth's beautiful creations.  I thought about the pain we cause her everytime we cut down trees or ravage the ocean.

Alas, I have not done much to show my gratitude.  Once I participated in a Go Green project and planted a mango tree in my garden.  I also planted tree saplings in three pots and thankfully they thrived well and members of  the GG project donated  them to the Botanical Gardens.  That was probably the proudest moment of my life and the last I heard of these saplings was that they had been carted to a local dignitary's house to grace his garden! 

 Earth Hour is a wonderful opportunity for all to show love for this good earth and its many treasures. 

Live Green, Breathe Green, 

Go Green!



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."