Saturday, May 11, 2024

Anxious Moments



 I had some anxious moments this week.  As I mentioned before, life is determined to give me a few thrills every now and then, and this is one of them.

I had been trying to renew my driver's licence using the official apps from the transport department.  I started early, days before my old licence expired but unfortunately every time I reached the Payment part, it stopped right there and I couldn't proceed.  

After trying several times, I got very annoyed and rang the Post Office near me to see whether they could help.  Previously before we went digital, I always renewed my licence there. I was told by the helpful man at the other end of the line to come to the PO and he would settle everything for me.  I wouldn't have been so anxious if I hadn't some appointments coming up but I did and I needed my licence to drive!

When I arrived at the PO, I was not surprised to find it empty except for that man who answered my call.  Nobody goes to the PO these days considering that we can do almost anything online now!

So to cut a long story short, I had my new licence in less than 15 minutes, both digital and hard copy!  

I was on Cloud 9 for the rest of the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."