Thursday, August 22, 2024

Mooncakes Are Back!

 


Yay, the Mid-Autumn Festival is round the corner and I have just bought my first mooncakes for this year!  Three cute ones with red bean filling - yummy!  Moon biscuits are also a great favourite with me.  As kids, we used to like them in "piggy baskets".  According to my research, bakers used to bake a small piece of dough to test the temperature of their ovens and in the end, they formed these bits of dough into biscuits – in the shape of little pigs – so that they could sell off the extra dough left over when making mooncakes.  And that's how piggy biscuits were born!  Piggy biscuits are usually presented in a pair to symbolize prosperity and good luck




There's no need to wait for the festival to come - enjoy your mooncakes now!  😁


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."