When we were small, Pa used to take us for drives down the coastal road, past an old lighthouse which was no longer in use. For some reason or other, I was fascinated with this lighthouse and I would ask Pa to tell me stories about it. Once, I asked Mum whether she had ever seen the light from the lighthouse beaming into the night. She thought for a while, then said, "No, I don't remember seeing it You are the light of my life and I don't need to see any other light.." Thanks, Mum, I shall never forget your kind and beautiful words.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Friends sometimes ask me whether I ever have bad days. Well, I'm only human and there will be days when I go around with a scowl on...
-
I had my first taste of coconut water today. That may sound strange for a person who lives on a tropical island with plenty of coc...
-
Mum left for her heavenly abode on Mother's Day 2013. I don't know why she chose that day, I think she wanted to make it easy for...
About Me
- From A Nonya's Pen
- "God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."

No comments:
Post a Comment