Thursday, October 29, 2015

Pampering Myself



I visited my 87 year old aunt recently and was taken aback when she suddenly whipped out a voucher for a free facial at a leading department store in town.  "Take it and enjoy yourself," she said.  Well, it has been some time since I pampered myself with a facial and I guess I must look a mess.  So I went to the venue the other day and introduced myself to the beautician there.  She was a middle aged lady with a flawless complexion - even if I had a magnifying glass, I was sure I wouldn't be able to detect any wrinkles or spots.  I must say I felt really embarrassed standing beside her with my sallow skin, lines and bumps. Fortunately she was very friendly (and probably sympathetic) and whisked me off to a "facial cabin" where she worked on my face for one and a half hours.  It was a good attempt by her to transform an ugly duckling into a beautiful swan and my skin did look cleaner and fresher at the end of the facial.  Someone even said it "glowed".  Unfortunately, for my purse, it didn't end there.  She drew up a list of the products that I should buy to maintain a skin like hers, the cost of which was enough to buy a new fridge.  I politely took the list and hurried off.  I hope she won't be too disappointed if I don't show up again.  My aunt probably won't agree but I think I need a new fridge more than I need a new face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."