Thursday, November 12, 2015

These Feet are Made for Eating



Lately I've been reading about the benefits of eating chicken feet. They are said to contain, among other things, collagen and calcium, two important supplements for the aging body!  Now I know why Mum used to brew chicken feet for us to consume though at that time, we didn't appreciate their worth!  True, sometimes they make me feel squeamish because I can imagine all the scratching and digging they must have done for worms etc. (yuk!) but I occasionally allow myself to indulge in a bowl of broth with chicken feet or chicken feet dim sum.  They can be delicious if cooked properly and thanks to Mum's training, I can now look a chicken foot in the eye, without having to take off my glasses.  So if you haven't already done so, try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."