Sunday, December 20, 2015

Visiting the Dentist



I was at the dentist's this morning.  Like everyone else, I hate going to the dentist but then I had to make sure my choppers are fit and strong for my Christmas turkey. Sometimes what upsets me more is the long wait even though I've made an appointment.  I always arrive on time, at least ten minutes ahead but then I still have to wait, sometimes for an hour before I'm called in.  I don't know how the receptionists arrange appointments for patients, they seem desperate to squeeze in as many as possible in one morning or afternoon.  Then again the blame should not be upon them solely, I guess.  There are patients who arrive late for their appointment, so other appointments have to be pushed back.  So I always have a flask of hot Milo with me when I visit my dentist in case I faint from hunger while she's inside my mouth. Oh by the way, I'm not having turkey for Christmas, just joking; the poor birds need a break.  They are probably the only ones in the world who dread Christmas each time it comes around ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."