I was at the dentist's this morning. Like everyone else, I hate going to the dentist but then I had to make sure my choppers are fit and strong for my Christmas turkey. Sometimes what upsets me more is the long wait even though I've made an appointment. I always arrive on time, at least ten minutes ahead but then I still have to wait, sometimes for an hour before I'm called in. I don't know how the receptionists arrange appointments for patients, they seem desperate to squeeze in as many as possible in one morning or afternoon. Then again the blame should not be upon them solely, I guess. There are patients who arrive late for their appointment, so other appointments have to be pushed back. So I always have a flask of hot Milo with me when I visit my dentist in case I faint from hunger while she's inside my mouth. Oh by the way, I'm not having turkey for Christmas, just joking; the poor birds need a break. They are probably the only ones in the world who dread Christmas each time it comes around ....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
It's rainy weather and very slippery everywhere. This morning I saw a young man slip on a pavement. Being young. he picked himself up...
-
I had my first taste of coconut water today. That may sound strange for a person who lives on a tropical island with plenty of coc...
-
Mum left for her heavenly abode on Mother's Day 2013. I don't know why she chose that day, I think she wanted to make it easy for...
About Me
- From A Nonya's Pen
- "God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."

No comments:
Post a Comment