Friday, April 8, 2016

Cruise Notes - 4



Hi, I'm back with more notes of our cruise.  Well, all good things must come to an end.  After our stop at our two ports of call, Koh Samui and Ho Chi Minh, we were off on a return course to Singapore.  We didn't disembark at K.S. because of the Zika virus scare but we did do an interesting tour of H.C.M. city. Fascinating place with remnants of the French and American presence in the earlier years.  We were also pleasantly surprised when we were taken to the city's "Chinatown".  It looked very much like any of the streets at home.  I was wondering what dialect the Chinese here spoke and discovered that it was Cantonese when one of the street vendors tried to sell me some fans.  Then, another surprise!  We were taken to see the Notre Dame Cathedral - a copy of the one in France!  We were told the French were in Vietnam for 95 years!  I guess they must have missed their homeland very much!  I must say I was impressed when we returned to the ship.  We found a cruise staff ready with cold towels for us and of course, there was a hand sanitizer as well.  Good work, guys!  (To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."