I was horrified to read in the papers recently of a brutal killing in town. What has happened to our otherwise peaceful and tranquil abode well known for its culture and age old traditions? This is the place where fair young maidens of genteel upbringing parade during Chap Goh Meh and throw oranges into the sea. This is the place where pious and devout people live and pray. This is the place where our ancestors were so proud to settle in. Now it is fast becoming a place of violence and savagery. God help us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Let nature take its own course. She understands her business better than we do. A priest was in charge of the garden within a fa...
-
An aunt just gave me a book on the power of positive thinking. Knowing how negative I am, she thought this book would help give me ...
-
I've mentioned this before but every time I watch the news over telly, I'm bombarded with all kinds of horror stories - brut...
About Me
- From A Nonya's Pen
- "God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."

No comments:
Post a Comment