April is the month to show filial love to our departed loved ones. Known as the Chinese "All Souls Day" this is the time when families pay their respects to their ancestors and dearly departed. Filial piety is one important value that was instilled in us by our parents and grandparents and to this day, my younger cousins still do their duty every year by visiting the cemetery and columbarium to clear up family tombs and do the necessary prayers. They deserve a pat on the back for helping to keep this tradition alive in the family for over sixty years!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
I've mentioned this before but every time I watch the news over telly, I'm bombarded with all kinds of horror stories - brut...
-
An aunt just gave me a book on the power of positive thinking. Knowing how negative I am, she thought this book would help give me ...
-
Let nature take its own course. She understands her business better than we do. A priest was in charge of the garden within a fa...
About Me
- From A Nonya's Pen
- "God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."

No comments:
Post a Comment