Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Be True to Your Teeth

 


I never thought I would one day pluck up courage and see my dentist, but I did, mainly because I had no choice.  Two of my teeth were showing signs of decay and I had accidentally cracked another, causing it to sway dangerously in my mouth.  I was told by my friendly dentist that I would face the risk of infection if I left them like that and that extraction would be best. So there I was at the dental surgery and I was surprised to see that there were quite a number of people waiting to be attended to.  Maybe because after two long years of staying home and biting on biscuits, cookies, cakes and other goodies, thanks to COVID-19, everyone has overworked his or her choppers and reduced them to a deplorable state! Mercifully, my extractions done over a few weeks were almost painless requiring only a Panadol at night.  Of course there was some fear and anxiety with each extraction but I'm glad I had it done.  Now I can relax and though I must remember not to smile too widely and expose the gaps in my teeth, I can think about munching all those goodies again ..... hee hee!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."