Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Butter Fingers

 


I was just thinking the other day of the many nicknames we have in our family.  When I was small, Mum used to call me "Butter Fingers" because I kept dropping things and breaking them.  Fortunately my siblings are not endowed with such slippery fingers, theirs are tough and super resistant to heat and cold, and I suspect even magnetic because I seldom see them dropping things.  So when it came to special occasions and Mum wanted to use her antique crockery, I was barred from touching them. I remember Mum once took me to the temple presumably to pray for forgiveness so that I would be free from this terrible affliction but that didn't help. The other day, I just dropped my lunch onto the floor.  Luckily I was using an enamel plate, so nothing was broken but I had a tough time cleaning up the mess.  There have been countless other things I have dropped of course from childhood to adulthood and unfortunately I haven't come across  any known remedy for "Butter Fingers" so far.  I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with my brain or maybe I'm just plain clumsy?


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."