Saturday, November 25, 2023

A Rude Encounter of a Third Kind



I had gone to a shop nearby to take some photocopies of a document.  When I entered the shop, I saw a lady sitting in one corner and thinking she works there, I said "Hello!" and when she didn't budge, I said "Hello" again.  I had a shock when she turned on me and shouted, "Can't you see everyone is busy?  Can't you wait for a while?"  It turned out that she was a customer and was waiting for her turn to be served.  Well, I wasn't even shouting or complaining to be served and I must say I was pissed off by her sudden outburst.  

Then the boy at the computer at the far end of the room asked her to go over and she stood over him, breathing over his shoulder and shouting instructions to him as he worked.  Worst of all, she scolded the boy to hurry up and said very LOUDLY that there was an elderly man in her car and that he couldn't control his bladder and would be wetting her car any minute!  When the boy finally finished, she marched off without even a word of thanks.  

I must say I have never come across a specimen like her before - coarse and rude - and she had a face to match her behaviour.  I hope I never run into her again.  Praise should go to the boy who took everything patiently without losing his temper! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."