Saturday, November 11, 2023

Singing in the Rain



This morning, as I set out to the park, I noticed there were some dark clouds in the sky.  It looked like it was going to rain but for some reason, I was confident it wouldn't rain so soon, so I went ahead.  The park was deserted except for an elderly couple and some pigeons.  I guess everyone was anticipating rain and so stayed indoors.  So we had the park all to ourselves and it only started raining a few minutes later, but it was more of a light drizzle (and it stopped after a short while).  We were prepared with our umbrellas and so we carried on, enjoying the cool air and the occasional drop of rain on our faces.  I hummed a little tune as I walked along and suddenly I was reminded of that old song my mum used to sing called "Singing in the Rain": 

I'm singing in the rain,
Just singing in the rain,
What a glorious feeling
I'm happy again.
I'm laughing at clouds,
So dark up above,
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love.

Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place.
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face.
I walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just singing,
Singing in the rain,
Dancing in the rain,
I'm happy again.
I'm singing and dancing in the rain,
I'm dancing and singing in the rain.

Yes, what a glorious feeling!  So don't let the rain dampen your spirits any time, anywhere and always keep the sun in your heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."