Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Day 1 of Water Works



I woke up hazily today and turned on the tap to brush my teeth.  Huh - no water?  I tried another tap, still no water. Then suddenly I remembered - it's Day 1 of the "Water Works" - how could I have forgotten when my kitchen is filled with tubs and pails of water and the whole place looks like a mad hatter's house.  The unfortunate thing is we're so used to being pampered that a little inconvenience brings a mild shock and we go about grumbling and complaining.  But it's not that bad really, I've saved enough water to give myself a bath for the next four days but my plants and car will miss their morning shower.  I hope they understand.  Anyway, I'm glad to read from the reports today that all is running smoothly and overall progress is at least 50% of the work completed.  Congrats to the repair team who are scrambling madly to complete all works as scheduled.  I think our water is going to come back sooner than we expect!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."