Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Back in Ten Minutes

 


I went to a convenience store this morning and on arriving there, found a small sign hanging near the door which read:  "BACK IN TEN MINUTES".  Two other people had also arrived and when they saw the sign, they made impatient noises and left.  Well, since I had nothing else to do, I decided to wait and luckily the ten minutes were a short ten minutes.  The staff returned, unlocked the door and it was business as usual.  I personally find these little signs helpful as they tell us whether to wait or do something else first.  Saves a lot of speculation and anxiety, at least for me!  However, on another occasion, at another shop, the "ten minutes" grew into half an hour and still no sign of the owner - I had no choice but to give up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."