Thursday, January 14, 2016

New Year Blues




I visited my 87 year old aunt (she'll be 88 this year) during the new year and found her in a despondent mood.  Living alone can be rather depressing and I'm not surprised that she was rather down.  She has few visits from her daughter who lives out of town and her only companion is the telly.  She said that she couldn't understand why God let her live up to this ripe old age when she was raring "to go" and see what's on "the other side".  I tried to cheer her up by telling her how blessed she is to be still healthy and mobile at this age while others are in a worse off situation.  She snorted at what I said and told me I'm too young to know anything.  I wish she would be less grumpy and be happy and carefree, like she used to be when she was young.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."