Saturday, March 25, 2023

Hello there!




I received a most unexpected call a few afternoons ago.  In fact I was quite taken aback when the young man at the end of the line asked for Mum, calling her by her maiden name.  With so many scammers around these days, I was immediately on the alert but was also curious.  The young man went on to introduce himself and said he was calling from Honululu, Hawaii.  That made me even more suspicious and it was only after he mentioned his parents' names that I relaxed a little.  Mum did indeed know his parents and he even mentioned he came to visit her together with them when he was a small boy.  It so happened that after all these years, he had found his old address book and was calling up those people he used to know.  I told him that Mum had passed on and I gathered from him that his parents had also passed on.  He said he might be coming home for a holiday later this year and hoped he would have the opportunity to visit me.  All this conversation took place at around 3 p.m. which would be around 3 a.m. in the States.  It made me wonder what he was doing up so late.  He said he would be writing to me with his photo and other info via WhatsApp but so far I haven't received anything.  Have I been conned, I wonder ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."