Saturday, April 1, 2023

Excuse me ....?

 


I hadn't been to my Tai Chi class for more than two years due to Covid and recently, at the insistence of friends in the group, I turned up at the class the other afternoon.  I was quite happy to see my old friends again and there were a lot of "Welcome back" and "How are you?" and "What have you been doing?".  One lady, however, was looking at me dubiously.  Incidentally, I was wearing a mask (being still cautious) and after a while, she said she couldn't recall who I am.  I took off my mask so that she could see my face and she said, "Oh."  That "Oh" left me a little uncomfortable as it gave me the impression that maybe my face to her had changed to resemble an alien from outer space, then she said, "You've lost weight!"  I laughed, somewhat with relief, and said jokingly I had been starving during the Covid lockdown.  I did have a pleasant afternoon though they no longer do Tai Chi but play Bingo instead.  I guess yelling "Bingo" is more exciting, especially when there's money to be won!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."