Tuesday, December 15, 2015

I Believe in the Magic of Christmas



  Long before I had a computer, I used to keep a handwritten list of friends and family to whom I would send Christmas cards.  It was such fun going to the bookshop and buying Christmas cards.  I would sieve through the various designs and when I got home, I would sort them out and decide which card to send to whom.  When everything was ready, I would make a trip to the Post Office, buy some stamps and post the cards, usually well in advance of Christmas.  I hated the idea of a card coming in late for the season!    To me, nothing can replace the pleasure or joy in receiving a Christmas card, especially if it's from overseas.  Sadly, with modern technology, I feel the magic of Christmas is now somewhat lost and it's a pity, because Christmas comes but only once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."