Long before I had a computer, I used to keep a handwritten list of friends and family to whom I would send Christmas cards. It was such fun going to the bookshop and buying Christmas cards. I would sieve through the various designs and when I got home, I would sort them out and decide which card to send to whom. When everything was ready, I would make a trip to the Post Office, buy some stamps and post the cards, usually well in advance of Christmas. I hated the idea of a card coming in late for the season! To me, nothing can replace the pleasure or joy in receiving a Christmas card, especially if it's from overseas. Sadly, with modern technology, I feel the magic of Christmas is now somewhat lost and it's a pity, because Christmas comes but only once a year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Friends sometimes ask me whether I ever have bad days. Well, I'm only human and there will be days when I go around with a scowl on...
-
I had my first taste of coconut water today. That may sound strange for a person who lives on a tropical island with plenty of coc...
-
Mum left for her heavenly abode on Mother's Day 2013. I don't know why she chose that day, I think she wanted to make it easy for...
About Me
- From A Nonya's Pen
- "God gives us a pencil for the book of life but He alone holds the eraser."

No comments:
Post a Comment